Most of us wash our clothes after each use, correct? OK… maybe for some of us it is after a few wears, but… they still get washed!
So… why do we wear our shoes day after day without even thinking about cleaning them?
What is the most effective way to clean them? Simple. Clean them with The Best Shoe Sanitizer!
The BEST Shoe Sanitizer: Why Do You Need One?
What is toenail fungus? Click HERE to read more about toenail fungus!
What is Athlete’s Foot (a.k.a. foot fungus)?
And… if you already have either foot or toenail fungus, did you know that those tiny spores flake off of your feet and toenails into your shoes (even when you are wearing socks)?
The dark, warm moist environment of your shoes is simply a breeding ground for the fungus. They LOVE this… and they can survive independent of your feet for months in this condition.
This makes it almost impossible to successfully treat your condition with any treatment because you are constantly re-introducing the fungus to your feet!
Do your shoes smell? Don’t laugh! This is a common condition and it is called bromhidrosis.
Many people suffer from this condition… People both WITH and WITHOUT fungus!
There IS a solution… you CAN eliminate these problems! There are devices called shoe sanitizers! But… how do we find the best shoe sanitizer?
First things first…
What is a Shoe Sanitizer and How Does it Work?
What IS a shoe sanitizer?
Here… I will attempt to break down exactly what a shoe sanitizer is and how the use of one can help you.
To begin… a shoe sanitizer is a product used to disinfect your shoes.
It has the capability to eliminate not only particles of toenail fungus, but also other types of fungus that can lead to athlete’s foot as well as unhealthy bacteria that can lead to smelly feet and shoes.
Think of EVERYTHING we put our shoes through!
Whether we are talking about work boots, gym shoes or our favorite pair of casual shoes, we wear shoes over and over and over again!
Our feet naturally perspire! Why would we NOT want clean shoes?
If you have toenail fungus that you are currently treating, had toenail fungus that you just got rid of and don’t want to contract again, have Athlete’s Foot, bought a good pair of used shoes and don’t want to contract any diseases OR just have smelly shoes and feet that you are wanting to eliminate, a shoe sanitizer is the product that you are looking for!
There are a wide variety of shoe sanitizers on the market today, but basically a shoe sanitizer works in one of two ways.
It can either utilize ultraviolet light (UVC) OR gentle ozone heating OR both to kill off the odor-causing bacteria and fungus that resides within our shoes.
These are the same concepts that hospitals utilize when sterilizing medical equipment.
How Do You Find The Best Shoe Sanitizer?
Have you googled Shoe Sanitizers? Are you overwhelmed at all the products offered?
With many brands out there, how do you know which one is the BEST shoe sanitizer?
Hopefully, I can provide you with information that will aid you in making an informed purchase to ensure that both your problems are solved AND you are not throwing your hard-earned money away.
Feel free to read more about me HERE. I am a podiatric physician that LOVES what I do and I have LOTS of experience in this category.
Referring people to products that work is my job… I would NOT put my name behind any item that would disappoint!
Here we go…
Features to Evaluate for The Best Shoe Sanitizer
Some features that you need to look at while searching for the best shoe sanitizer for you include the following:
- Size – You ALWAYS want to make sure that whatever model of shoe sanitizer that you decide to purchase fits your size shoe. Some products will only fit certain sizes and some are marketed as a one-size-fits-all. This can be especially important if you plan on utilizing your device amongst family members and/or friends.
- Types of shoes it can treat – Some sanitizers are made just for certain types of shoegear such as boots, etc. To me… you definitely get more bang-for-your-buck when your device can be utilized with ANY type of shoe. Most of the products that offer this versatility will come with a protective bag which provides the ability to utilize the device with a multitude of shoe styles including boots, sandals, tennis shoes and heels.
- Safety features – Because many sanitizers utilize Ultraviolet light (UV) to get the job done, we do have to be concerned about safety. UV light can damage the eyes if direct contact is made. You want to look for a device with an automatic shutoff AND that boasts a protective bag that you can utilize when using the product on a shoe style that does not completely cover the UV bulb such as sandals.
- Replacement bulbs – In any model that utilizes the UV light, you will eventually have to replace the UV bulb as its effectiveness will decrease in strength with time. This is expected as it is with any light bulb. Typically, with daily use, the bulbs should last about two years prior to having to replace. I will say, though, that in the lesser quality devices, I have seen bulbs having to be replaced every few months.
- Treatment time – Treatment time is definitely a variant amongst the different shoe sanitizers available on the market. This may be an important factor to some and less important to others, but I thought that I would include this feature in something to evaluate amongst the products. Treatment time ranges from about 15 minutes up to 6 hours with the different devices. You do want to make sure to purchase a product that you will be compliant in using in order to really treat the condition that you purchased the product for. If that means that it needs to have a shorter treatment time, then please purchase a product that provides this! You need to be fully satisfied with whatever device you choose!
- Guarantee/Warranty – You want to find a product that is backed by its company! If a company is confident enough to provide a guarantee or warranty that the product will work… you have NOTHING to lose in trying their product!
I do want to warn you…there are many cheap products that either simply do not work OR break after your first couple of uses.
This is my field of expertise and I DO NOT WANT YOU TO WASTE YOUR MONEY!
How to Find the Best Shoe Sterilizer
When you spend your money on a shoe sterilizer, you want something that works and will last.
I definitely recommend that you utilize the above-features in your search to make sure that you are getting EXACTLY what you want.
I have purchased items in the past only to find myself disappointed in the end and I know what a bad feeling that can be… like throwing money down the drain!
You want a product that is economical yet highly functional!
Because I work with feet on a daily basis, I have already done my research on shoe sterilizers! I recommend them all of the time.
If you would like, feel free to click HERE to visit and read my personal product review of what I have found to be the best shoe sterilizer on the market!
It has been tried-and-true with my personal patients and they are ecstatic with the results that they obtain by using this product.
Don’t let smelly feet and shoes and/or unsightly fungus take control over your life!
Find the best shoe sterilizer for you and use it!